Part-time Front Desk Clerk
The Village of Lombard is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Front Desk Clerk for the Lombard Police Department. Front desk personnel perform a variety of duties in order to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to police/village personnel and the general public. The primary duties include but are not limited to:
• provide phone reception for a multi-line phone system
• monitor patrol radio traffic and respond to requests for information
• monitor building and village campus video cameras
• create a summary log of reports submitted by the patrol division
• accept payment of fees or fines for administrative tows, parking citations and report requests
• operate LEADS state records system to enter, modify, update, and retrieve data regarding persons, vehicle and property records
• respond to and resolve in person citizen inquires and/or complaints
Front Desk personnel utilize several computer programs including MS Office and LEADS. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask. Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with one to two years of clerical/customer service experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this position. Candidates must acquire full LEADS certification and NIMS compliance within 6 months of hiring. The position is for 16.50 to 24.75 hours per week on the afternoon shift from 2:45 pm – 11:15 pm. The position has a rotating work schedule which includes weekends and holidays. Starting hourly rate is $20.07/hour. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit a completed application and a resume by August 31, 2017 to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148, fax: (630) 620-8222, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART-TIME FACILITIES TECHNICIAN
The Village of Lombard is seeking a Facilities Technician in the Facilities Division of Public Works to perform general facility maintenance work in the repair and maintenance of Village buildings. A successful candidate will have strong painting and drywall patching skills. Other tasks include: plumbing, carpentry, general building repair, deliveries, room set-ups for meetings, and snow removal. This is not a custodial position but janitorial work may occasionally be required. Must be available for emergency and non-emergency situations outside normal business hours. The position is scheduled for 27.50 hours per week (5.50 hours daily M-F, 11:30am-5:30pm). Must possess a valid State of Illinois driver’s license. Starting salary is $19.23/hr. Apply at/Send resume by August 18, 2017 to: Village of Lombard, 255 E. Wilson, Lombard, IL 60148, fax: (630) 620-8222, or email: email@example.com.
Administrative Secretary – Police Department
The Village of Lombard is seeking to hire a part-time Administrative Secretary. This position is in the Administrative Division of the Lombard Police Department. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, vocational/technical training in secretarial science or a related field with three to five years of secretarial experience. A significant knowledge of computers and office related software programs are preferred. Position prepares reports and correspondence, as well as greets, screens and directs callers and visitors. The position will require 19 hours per week with anticipated hours of 8 A.M. until 12 P.M. Monday through Friday. Starting salary is $19.47 per hour. Send resume by August 18, 2017 to: Village of Lombard, Human Resources Department, 255 E. Wilson Ave., Lombard, IL 60148, Fax: (630) 620-8222, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lombard Police Department: Police Officer
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Lombard, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Lombard Police Department.
- Salary: $66,946 - $94,328 (7 years)
- Population: 45,000
- Sworn Police Officers: 69
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Lombard:
- U.S. citizenship;
- Resident of the State of Illinois;
- No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
- Valid state-issued driver's license;
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision;
- Minimum of 21 years of age by the application deadline date (September 13, 2017);
- Be UNDER 35 years of age on the date of appointment, unless the candidate is currently employed as a police officer in a regularly constituted police department of any municipality which extends the age to 40 years of age;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
- Completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college (official transcripts will be required at the background investigation stage) - OR - have one year of active military or naval service (documented by an honorable discharge) - OR - currently a certified police officer in the State of Illinois by the application deadline date (September 13, 2017);
- Current Illinois certified police officers with a minimum of two years of service are eligible to be placed on a lateral eligibility list. Please note lateral candidates must fulfill all other minimum testing requirements (POWER Test card and written exam);
- Possess a valid NIPSTA card – OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months of the written exam date (September 23, 2017);
- POWER Test Cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted.
Applicants must present the POWER Test card NO LATER than the written exam date (September 23, 2017).
Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Lombard for any one the following:
Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree in the field of law enforcement or criminal justice - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
Experience: Persons who have been awarded a certificate of successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (Certified Illinois Police Officer). Copy of state-issued certification must be submitted with application to qualify.
Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged, - OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following:
Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
Mandatory Orientation & Written Examination Testing: Saturday, September 23, 2017 - Check-in starts at 7:30 AM
Location: Glenbard East High School, 1014 S. Main Street, Lombard, IL 60148
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
THE VILLAGE OF LOMBARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER